Note: This product could be shipped to India only. It can't be shipped out side of India as it is regulated to ship internationally.
This Paring Knife is completely handmade by the master artisans of Reha, namely Amad Thariya, Hemraj Maheshwari and Majid Osman, and has been designed by Rohit Ramesh Chandak, a student designer as a part of his Graduation project, from National Institute of Design.
Made using ancient techniques that involve cold forging, sand casting and polishing and buffing, the knife is crafted with high-quality steel and carefully sharpened using proprietary ancient techniques that produce a razor, almost “surgical” sharp blade. The handle is made using the locally available and much more durable Babul wood, and also brass rivets and plates in order to provide ease as you use it for many food prep tasks such as peeling vegetables and chopping fruits to deveining shrimp and slicing cheese.
- Sharpen little and often to keep your knife sharp. Not suitable for electric or ceramic wheel knife sharpeners. We advise using a handheld steel rod sharpener and to use close to the cutting edge of the knife
- Store knives securely and separately after use and always keep out of reach of children
- Always cut on a stable, dry, non-slip surface, synthetic or wooden boards are best
- Always wash knives separately, using warm, soapy water, and dry thoroughly. Never leave knives to soak in water. Hold the handle when drying (not the blade) and dry from the handle down to the blade
- Never leave acidic foods on a knife blade after use as this may cause discoloration
- Never leave sharp knives loose in a drawer
- Never test the sharpness of a knife by running your fingers along the blade edge
Please note: These knives cannot be sold internationally